So as can be expected, I researched all day yesterday even though I knew I ought to just START on my writing. Well, I did eventually start more "concentrated" research than what I normally do (which is online most of the time). I was in my bed, reading my "Dummies" book on characters and thinking that I was really sleepy, when I had a breakthrough. I found a way that might be possible to make my book into having a sequel. I only thought of this because I was semi-looking at the point-of-view section within the chapter and, like most people, I would like to write in the first person. I find it sort of difficult to do third person. Even yesterday, I had a taste of trying to write in the third person and it took forever. Anyway, my idea was to have the majority of the book in a first person POV, switching sides from both the lead male and female. Towards the end, it would shift into a third person OR first person from....a new character or maybe an existing character that had been there to witness what had happened in the book. These could make it possible to start a sequel. I did have an ending twist that came with this breakthrough, but I'm not going to share it until I fill some holes in the story.
Also, a friend of mine on Facebook said she needed to stay motivated to work out, so I mentioned that since she already worked out today, I would as well. So here's to my motivation that I WILL work out today. :)
Each time I post, I am closer to something I've wanted
No comments:
Post a Comment