Each time I post, I am closer to something I've wanted
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Dissapointed
I was picked for my second interview since I've been looking for my career. I had this interview about two weeks ago and I thought it went rather well. In my career field, there is a very rigorous selection process where there are close to one-thousand applicants and only the top fifteen are chosen for an interview. So getting a call for an interview is something HUGE. My interview with this agency lasted about two hours with them grilling me for the first hour and a half and then me taking a 'written test.' I felt confident that I hadn't screwed up too much and my test would have covered up any interview flub they might have noticed. Wrong. I had not heard one word from the agency since and it was only upon me emailing the supervisor to inquire about the position that I was given a generic email back stating that they "chose a candidate who with qualifications that are a closer match to their current needs." That is a load of BS. Every person who was interviewed is more than qualified to do the job. When it comes down to it and they cannot make a decision, it all comes down to personal preference (they liked someone's personality, they liked their answer to a specific question, they liked how someone dressed more). It's those minute decisions that I cannot stand. Yes, I know this is only the second interview I have been on. However, just to get to this stage of being in the top percentage of applicants has taken a lot of money, hard work and time over the last year. I just needed to rant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment