Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Interest

I have had an itching to get into the "business" of Etsy. I made most of my wedding DIY, with me doing most of the work alone. I feel I'm up to the task, however, I'm stumped as far as what to make and sell. I can certainly look at many websites and find DIY crafts and ideas, but will people really buy something they can do themselves??? I felt that most of the items for sell on Etsy were the makers' original idea. Maybe I'm naive. Hm. 

Each time I post, I am closer to something I've wanted

1 comment:

  1. i'm SO into this idea! i've thought about selling jewelry that i make, strange old decorative things that i've spray painted, buttons (i have a button maker that kicks major ass and i LOVE wearing buttons on the bottom of my cuffed capris - i have a major collection), greeting cards that i've designed, embroidery, photography - i just can't decide and then i get bogged down in the details.
    i think you should just get started. set up a shop. work on the little things. figure it out along the way. i hope you decide to do it - i'll be watching! :)

    ReplyDelete